Slip Ring Assemblies
Wendon Company is your source for a wide range of slip ring applications. Our units have been field tested and have proven their ability to withstand even the harshest environments. We develop ideas from technical concepts, for everything from simple slip ring applications such as transmitting control signals to high-tech products for use in defense and radar systems. With over 55 years of slip ring experience, Wendon Company can design a rugged and reliable slip ring to meet your needs.
Concept Design & Assistance
Wendon provides efficient yet comprehensive innovation management to encompass consumer feedback, designer ideas, and project specifications. Successful delivery of innovative designs is what makes our slip ring assemblies second to none. Let us work with you to design a product that fits your needs!
Prototyping & Application Engineering
Wendon specializes in custom built slip ring assemblies and will work with you to help turn your ideas into fully functional prototypes. We’ve designed and built an array of slip ring assemblies for hundreds of applications and are confident we can design a unit to fit your specific requirements, regardless of the quantity requested.
Slip Ring Types
Our slip rings are built from component parts, so unlike many of our larger competitors with cheap “Throw Away” units, our products are completely repairable, saving you time and money over the life of the slip ring. Past slip ring assemblies Wendon has built have been designed to achieve the following:
- Slip Ring Assemblies incorporated with an Encoder and Rotary Joint
- Designs for Commercial and Aerospace/Defense
- High voltage applications exceeding 1000 volts
- High current applications exceeding 5000 amps
- 600+ channels
- Water tight units
- Ethernet circuits
- Strain gauge instrumentation, accelerometers, etc.
- Rotational speeds exceeding 30,000 RPM
- Very low electrical noise (dynamic contact resistance) below 10 milliohms
- Impedance match below 1.05:1 VSWR
- Frequencies ranging from DC to 2.4 GHz
- Insulation Resistance greater than 10K Mega Ohm
- Crosstalk greater than 0.50 dB @ 85 MHz
- Pneumatically actuated brushes (if necessary)
Standard Slip Ring Sizes
Wendon's "standard" slip ring components become "custom" assemblies to meet your exact needs, in less time, and with less cost.
Strictly speaking, there is no such thing as a "standard" slip ring assembly because virtually every requirement is unique. But from over 20 years of experience, WENDON has developed a range of standard slip ring components that can be combined and assembled in almost limitless ways to meet your applications. Because they are assembled from standard components we call them "Standard Slip Ring Assemblies", and they obviously save you time and cost—plus assuring you of consistent quality and proven performance.
- Modified bore sizes can be provided with each standard diameter.
- Highest resistance to environmental conditions, vibration and shock requirements.
- Allows change in quantity of circuits per slip ring and brush block assembly.
- Flat type ring design provides maximum number of rings in shortest length for rated current and voltage.
- Slip ring assemblies can be installed onto a single shaft to produce a unit having hundreds of rings
- Slip Ring: Silver, surface finish less than 20 micro-inches
- Brush Contact: Silver Graphite
- Insulation: Glass base epoxy.
- Mounting: Slip ring collar and brush block brackets aluminum alloy (iridited).
- Operating Temperatures : -60¼ F to +200¼F
- High Potential Test: 1500 Volts RMS for one minute.
- Insulation Resistance: 100 megohms minimum at 500 VDC, 60% R.H.
- Brush Life : 600 hours at 1000 FPM, 3000 hours at 250 FPM
- Brush Contact Noise: 500 microvolts at a current of 50 milliamperes. (2 contacts per ring) 250 microvolts at a current of 50 milliamperes (4 contacts per ring).
Repairs & Upgrades
Wendon slip rings are unique as they are fabricated from component parts. Unlike many of our competitors, our slip rings are completely repairable, giving you a longer useable lifespan for your slip ring assembly.
Wendon will repair and upgrade existing units, saving time and money when compared to “molded” units which need to be thrown away if just one circuit goes down.
Spare Parts Components
Wendon can provide a full complement of spare parts to keep your slip ring assembly running like new for years. Easily replace worn brush leafs with a new set and install in the field without the need to purchase an entirely new slip ring assembly or shut down a production line for long periods of time.
Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic, Necesse est ponere aliquid hic,
Ruggedized Enclosures & Sheet Metal Fabrication
For more than 25 years Wendon has provided rugged, precision-built electronics enclosures for critical military and aerospace applications. We have the expertise in machined, welded and fabricated enclosures and structures, built to our customers exacting standards and will help to make your project a success. We offer the in-house certified welding and finishing needed to meet all your requirements. If you have a need for a high quality, build-to-print custom enclosure, give Wendon a call.
- Build To Print Cabinets and Chassis
- Fabricated Cabinets
- Machined Cabinets
- Shock and Vibration
- EMI/RFI Shielded
- Thermal and Cable Management
Current platform/program experience:
- CVN 78 and 79
- DDG51 Destroyer
- Temp and Salinity
- 15KV and 450V Switchgear
Mini Tools for Miniature Mechanical and Electrical/Electronic Assembly
Wendon's Mini-Tools were designed "at the bench" to meet critical needs for precision hand tools to aid in miniature assembly operations.Our tools were developed during many years of practical application in the assembly of miniature electrical and mechanical components. All of our tools are manufactured of highly tempered spring steel and polished and buffed to a high luster to prevent snagging, scratching, or marring highly polished surfaces of small parts.
With "no-roll" hexagonal aluminum handles, or combined with tweezers to provide a dual tool function, Wendon’s Mini-Tools offer the ultimate balance, convenience, and precision.
Wendon's tools are priced below the cost for making tools of equivalent quality on an individual basis
We welcome inquiries on special tools designed to meet your individual requirements, as well as on any of the standard precision Mini-Tools shown here.
Mini Tool Types
Tapered Flat Tip Tool
Tapered Round Tip
Tweezers and Paddles